Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I've been busy!!

I really have!! Last week, I was actually in demand!! So much fun!! While I wasn't booked out straight, I had enough clients that I didn't have time to work on my swatches!! So, that's what I'm trying to work on this week. I've gone through the cupboards at work, and have written down what's available for colors. Then, I've gone through my pile of pre-torn foils and written on them the formula for what I'm going to work with next...truly, that's half the battle...the paperwork!! The CHI swatch book is thisclose to being done. I finished up the very last of the swatches today...they're drying out right now. All the rest of them are on white file cards, with the formula, as well as what the hair swatch is. For example: Level 6 (the color of hair...darkest blonde) Color treated (what has previously been done to the hair) CHI High Lift (product I've used) BB & 30 volume (the color & the developer) 2 hours (how long it processed) No heat (conditions in which it processed) I've had to accommodate for the fact that the hair is not connected to a human head, so I've extended the processing times for certain products. The high lift/no lift series actually requires heat for 25 minutes, cool for 5 minutes. It's kind of difficult to put swatches, encased in foil, under the hood dryers and not have them blow around! Especially when the dryers are being used all day long!! The swatches are taped onto white file cards,with this information, then glued (with that scrapbooking glue tape) to black cardstock paper, then three hole punched, and (eventually) put into two 3" binders...one for the no lift colors and one for the high lift colors. I've gained a lot of education throughout this particular experience. While I would work with some of the colors...I wouldn't work with all of them. Next?? Bleach!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment