Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tired.....

I worked 9a-7p yesterday...I don't do these very often. I usually work til 3. I changed my schedule this week because my niece's graduation is this Saturday. By the time I got home last night, I was FRIED. Ate my dinner, talked a little to Katiekatherine, talked to the bff on the phone, soaked my feet, went to bed. And I'm still tired today. I can hear you: You're just a hairdresser. All you do is stand behind someone and do their hair. Yup. I do. I stand in one spot, with my arms raised to roughly chest high and keep them there until I'm done with what I'm doing. If it's a first time haircut, I'm like that for an hour, with my arms up and moving back and forth, moving through the hair. If' I'm doing foils, same thing, only I'm also plotting which piece of hair to capture in the foils next. If I'm doing a cap highlight, then I'm attacking some one's head (while encased in a plastic cap) with a crochet hook, picking out "random" pieces of hair to be colored/bleached, again with arms raised at about chest level, for at least a half hour. If I'm perming or setting hair, I'm creating sections of hair to wrap around a rod of some kind, again with my arms up at chest level for at least a half hour, if not longer (depending on what I'm doing). Oh, did I mention that during any of these procedures I'm also chatting (most animatedly) with my client about whatever we wish to talk about??? Sometimes I'm bent over a sink, either washing the hair, or waxing eyebrows, moving back and forth while bent over, making sure I've either thoroughly washed the hair or thoroughly removed the hair! So, now you see why I'm tired. But, I'll recover. I always do. I do these things because this is the career I love and waited 20 years to have. I wouldn't trade all these experiences for anything !!! And, tired means I've been busy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment