Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Busy Busy Busy!!

I've been crazy busy lately!! And, not even with true "back to school" stuff--just regular clients! I suspect I'll be busy Friday night and Saturday with the kids...Chrissy is off this Saturday (Again!)so, I've got some opportunities!! I haven't even done anything with all my master color stuff lately!. I've also joined Weight Watcher, with the idea of losing a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight over a long period of time. I went to the Dr's back in July, and had blood work done, to eliminate any health issues, if there were any. Lo, and behold, I don't have any health issues, other than GLUTTONY!! So, I have nothing to blame my weight gain on (not diabetes, not thyroid issues, which run in my family, on both sides)but myself. So, I grabbed the bull by the horns, and started changing my eating habits. It's not been easy. However, being the numbers geek that I am, I've taken the supplies I get from the meetings, re-doing them so they're large enough to write on, and created a binder of stuff to write everything down that I eat, all day long, and count points, blah blah blah. I'm losing weight, slowly, and fairly steadily, which is exactly how it's supposed to come off. I now also shop huge once a month for my groceries, then pick up the necessaries each week (milk, eggs, bread). While I'm still not a huge vegetable eater, I have eaten veggies I wouldn't normally eat...which is a HUGE improvement over things just a few months ago! I'm also walking 3-4 days a week, at least 4 miles at a time (making sure to throw in a few hills, just for fun!), so I definitely FEEL better than I did two months ago! Once Katiekatherine goes back to school, I'll be able to incorporate other exercise-stuff into my routine. She doesn't prevent me from doing these things, I'm just using that change in schedule to change things up! I'll need other things to do for the days that it's just too damn cold to walk outside! Although, my Mom has a tread mill now, so I'll be able to use that in the winter time, as well! Happy End of Summer!!

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you for not only wanting to do something about your weight, but actually doing it! Wish I did something other than think about it.

    ReplyDelete