Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hmmmmmm.....

Let's see...what's been going on since my last bloggage?? I missed commission by thismuch, again! Talk about frustrating!! My weight is coming off oh so slowly...my own doing, although I don't want it to all come off in a week, either. What I really need to do is quit sabotaging myself!! So, the salty veggie sticks (which really aren't good for you) are going away, TODAY. Thank GOD there's a dumpster in the driveway!! We hiked Mt Monadnock on Monday...a good-bye to summer kind of thing. Having never hiked before, I slowed the whole thing down, considerably. It didn't help that it was 85 degrees & sunny out, either. The climb up was all rock...BIG rocks. The climb down was all smaller rocks, once you got away from the top area. By the time we were about 3/4 of a mile from the end, I got very snivelly and nearly cried, it hurt so bad! I had Katie come back (she was ahead of us, but still within eye sight) and help me down. My right knee couldn't take it any longer (and that's my good knee!!) and both legs were shaky! She's truly an awesome kid! I'm so proud to know that she can totally step up to the plate like that! After the hike was when I sabotaged myself. We went to Mom's the next day, even went swimming. I stepped on her scale (which lies in terms of accuracy) and there was a drop in my weight. What did I do?? Apparently, had an internal panic and started eating salty snacks, knowing I retain water. Idiot. What the hike taught me is that I really CAN do anything! What my reveal at the WW scale taught me....can't use the extra points gained from activity...it allows me to eat too much. So, back to the routine. I'll still be walking and doing other exercise, just not using those activity points!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you missed the commission, bummer.
    You are pretty darned brave to go hiking with a bad knee...lucky you didn't do lots of damage to it, with all the uneveness you had to travel.
    Keep plugging away at WW...I need to get back on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, I was only "down" a couple of days...that night, I had to ice my knee, all night long, then took it careful til Thursday, when I started walking again. A little gimpy, but not too bad!!

    ReplyDelete