Friday, October 1, 2010

What to blog about....

Sometimes, I don't blog because I've got nothing to say. For those that know me, it's a tad hard to believe, because, well, I don't shut up, most days! While much goes on, I don't always talk about it. There's a possibility we could be moving, too. My landlords (who are FABULOUS people) recently bought the home my father was born in (Mimi, you've been there!), and truly, I want to live there. I'm even willing to live in a smaller apartment (which means downsizing, not a bad thing) to make that happen!! The only problem?? Away from not knowing if it's going to happen (yes, I know...make a phone call, idiot!) is the actual moving process. When I moved from the house I shared with my Mom to my first apartment in my hometown, I used my best friend's suburban and moved most of it myself. She came and helped, and so did my Sister-in-law. It was a cute apartment (also owned by my landlord), but it was a storage unit due to all of my stuff. I had started to downsize when my current apartment became available. We've lived here nearly two years. The rent/bills are a titch of a struggle, and the smaller apartment at the ancestral home would be a small relief, financially ($75 a month cheaper), especially since I need to start looking for another car...the heavy chevy won't be lasting forever, unfortunately... And, it also means less privacy for the child and I...our bedrooms are part of each other (hers would be an alcove off mine), and not necessarily access to the attic space to store the off-season items. So, downsizing is the only option to making it work. If I had the ability to post pictures, I would. My landlords have done an amazing job of cleaning/repairing the ancestral home. Once my family sold it (when my Great Grandmother moved in with my Great Aunt back in the late 60's-early 70's), it pretty much became a slum. And, according to my mom, the apartments have been hacked up, pretty badly. There are walls where they weren't when my parents lived there, stuff like that. However, it's a fabulous home. And, apparently, there are ghosts there, too. More than likely, my family members. The other tenant (that I know) said she's heard party noises, random doors have shut, and she's heard music (not enough to identify the music, just the sound). When my parents lived there, they had quite a few parties (this was before children, obviously). While they weren't "hang off the chandelier" types, they had a good time...I've seen some of the pictures of my parents, pleasantly smashed. And, I have the pictures of my Grandmother (Nana, actually) and my Great Grandmother (Old Nan) with tons of people around, drinking & eating. I'm sure that when my Great Uncle (Eddie) came home on leave (military), they had parties to welcome him home. If nothing else, my family loved to get together and EAT!! (okay, drink, too...) So, that's currently on the horizon. The thought of downsizing is rather daunting, but it's necessary. The other thing I will be doing if the move does happen is GET RID OF MY STATION IN MY HOUSE!! I'm quite tired of doing hair at home. I don't do very much of it, but there are times when I feel taken advantage of. There's sometimes an issue with payment, which would NOT happen if I were doing this person's hair at the salon, which may be happening soon...stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment