Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Not only have I hit commission twice in recent history, Stephie has actually gotten to commission, as well.  Rita even got it.  How did this happen??  Well, we got crazy busy, and Tina was on vacation for 4 days, so we were down a whole person.  If we can manage to keep it going with 3 of us making commission and one of us not (doesn't matter who), it should keep things relatively under control.  We'll see.  It's not the plan I wish to stick with long term, but it may help things for a tiny bit.  Lets hope things continue to trend in the right direction!!

Mostly, what I'm looking for is to keep Tammy off my back.  Yesterday, I managed, in between clients, to get the ordering done, the schedules done, and faxed to her.  Of course, the faxing didn't get done until 4:45pm, but, hey...they were on her desk by 5pm on Monday.  (I'm betting she had yesterday off)

Last  Thursday, I wound up pulling a 12 hour day.  It was "Everybody loves Beth" day....I had a bunch of haircuts, then 3 back to back colors.  All of them in the warm ranges.  Two of them were on the more cinnamon side of things, and one was a bit brighter.  That one, however, was also a p in the a.  This client has some oddness going on.  First of all, she has coarse hair.  Not super coarse, but definitely coarse.  Which automatically makes me formulate a little differently, to make sure the color does it's job.  However, this is the second time I've done her color, and this is the second time her base color has lifted higher than expected, even though I've used 20 volume, which, in theory, isn't supposed to lift her regrowth as high as it does. 

20 Volume, when mixed with the actual color, is supposed to lift no more than 2 levels lighter than the natural hair color.  On coarse hair, you're supposed to expect it to lift less than that.  Not on this client.  Her regrowth is HOT...and not in a good way.  On top of this, my client is someone who deals with a lot of anxiety.  So, when I mess up her hair, her anxiety levels increase, which increase MY anxiety levels!!!   Sigh....and she came back in yesterday for me to fix her hair.   Which still pulled HOT, even though I only used demi on her regrowth to try to fix part of the issue.  Luckily, it will all fade in time.  However, I need to make the adjustments to her formula.

Also, she has "the" haircut...a stacked bob.  Not the easiest haircut in the world to accomplish.  And, especially, not on her hair.  She didn't want it so severely stacked in the back this time, but wanted the angle in the front to still be sharp.  So, I tried to accomplish this.  Nope.  Not so much.  So, I fixed that, too....slowly, and carefully.  She was a much happier person when she left yesterday.  Which, in turn, made me happier, too.

My last client on Thursday was someone I've been trying to get into my chair for a very long time.  And, thank GOD, I was able to deliver what she asked.  I did a minor goof in that I tried to use her current hair color as highlights, and that didn't work so well.  But, she was okay with whatever I did, really, which was nice.  By the time I was done, she had a fabulous cinnamon red color.  Now, if I could just figure out how to get her bushy hair under control!!

Some of that will happen when she switches to smoothing products and embraces her curl instead of trying to smooth it out all the time.  Baby steps....baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment