Monday, April 22, 2013

Corrective color that worked!

So, way back when, this client came in to get her regrowth to match her ends.  She'd been coloring it at home with some sort of blonde hair color.  Consequently, her ends were practically white, her older regrowth was orangey, and her natural color is about a level 6, although it was incorrectly guessed to be a 7.  (more on this in a bit).

When she came in on Sunday afternoon, her ends were GREY, her roots were ORANGE, and neither was the color she requested, which  was a beige blonde.  And she was sold blue shampoo to combat the mistake that the stylist made.

I attempted, TWICE, to get her to at least an even color.  Wasn't a very pretty color, but an even color, ashy in appearance, but warm tones, too, which she didn't like.  However, this is what needs to be put up with in order to get where she wanted to go.

This color faded over time (as it will do and she was warned it would do).  Her hair is long (to her shoulder blades) and fine in texture.  When she was ready to come in for her next appointment (which we'd scheduled in advance) she had called & talked to Rita about getting a perm instead.  Which, since Rita didn't ask questions or check on her color card to see what was going on, or left me a note regarding the conversation, or called me at home to find out whether or not she could do this, she told the client "Sure, she can do that".  When I came in Sunday and Rita relayed this message, I almost wrapped my hands around her throat.  Instead, I did inform her that the next time someone calls like that, to NOT promise them anything other than leaving the stylist in question a note, letting them know the client wants to talk perm.  I explained her hair is FRIED and cannot be permed.  EVER.  (at least until that length is all cut off)  And now, I get to explain to the lady that she can't have curly hair and why, breaking her heart in the process, because her heart is now set on getting a perm.

At any rate, I wound up coloring her hair again, still not getting where she wanted to go, because she just can't be as blonde as she wants right now.  Even with the regrowth showing, I cannot do a thing with the ends other than darken them.

So, jump ahead 3 months later.  She comes in and asks me if I can just darken her hair to the same color.  Now that she's got a good 3 inches of regrowth, yes, I can!  I was lucky enough to be able to use a brown/copper mixed with a neutral to match her ends to her regrowth.  Seamless color!  Happens once in every thousand....thank God it was my day to have one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment