Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A funny thing happened in the salon last week...

Ginger has been talking, for quite some time now, about doing some interior changes in the salon. I've talked about this before. We have 5 stylists and only 4 chairs. I think, back when she built this salon to be bigger than the last, she didn't take into account she'd grow. Between Chrissy and I, we are bringing in more business than the woman that I ultimately replaced. And with Evelyn not pulling her weight... So. This past Monday, Ginger went to a class on salon/spa design. They take your salon's measurements, enter them into a computer, and reconfigure your space to make it work. It should be interesting to see what they come up with!! Saturday, the three of us (Ginger, Evelyn, & I) goofed off and measured the salon..a bit incorrectly, because Ginger averaged out her measurements (I don't think she can read a ruler, really). After Evelyn finally gave up and left, Ginger and I got to talk about a lot of stuff. I suggested maybe ripping down the manicure room wall, since that room is mostly used for a storage locker, and open up that space for the dryer chairs, opening up that space for at least one more station, if not two. Room for Chrissy to have her own station, and for the ability to hire someone else. Ginger liked that idea, a LOT. I also suggested moving the wall back at the tanning room, creating more space at the reception area for retail shelves, and asking for a cabinet (one with solid doors that looks more like a piece of furniture than a cheap cabinet) to secure all the JUNK that amasses behind the desk. She also liked that idea. HOW EXCITING!! Chrissy and I had a class on Monday, also, about pedicures & manicures. We came back with ideas rolling around in our heads, to make improvements to the pedicure and manicure business, the room the stuff is in, and even in Chrissy's facial room...painting, pictures on the walls, fans for Chrissy's room for air circulation. Ginger is being VERY receptive to all of this, which is even more exciting! It will be interesting, as all of this continues to unfold, how Evelyn takes all of this. Her nose will probably be bent out of shape for quite some time, especially if I'm apart of all the physical work to make this happen (I already offered up my services for painting, etc). I've even been drawing out on graph paper, my "vision" of the salon. Ginger told me, while discussing paint colors, she wanted a "classy" look for the salon. I wanted so badly to comment on the mismatched fixtures and the lawn chairs posing as the waiting area chairs as not being classy, but, I held my tongue!! (close your mouth. It's not attractive to be agape and agog) Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment