Sunday, April 25, 2010

I have a game plan............

So, along with this big color project, I've got an actually game plan in place to get me to being a Board Certified Hair Colorist. Step 1: Make up hair swatches and test out all the color I currently have access to, at work, at home, and at my cosmetology school. Make notes and learn from this. Step 2: Try out new coloring methods on my friends to get the hang of them. Step 3: Purchase copious amounts of education to take me to the next level. (I've already done or am in the middle of doing these things) THE NEXT LEVEL..................................................................................................... Step 1: When my taxes come back next year, purchase all the materials needed from a professional website http://www.certifiedhaircolorproducts.com/ to use to educate myself and get familiar with the testing method to be NATIONALLY CERTIFIED in hair color. Step 2: Spend all of 2011 experimenting and studying for the exam, learning how they want things done, getting ready for the next level. THE NEXT LEVEL.................................................................... Step 1: When my taxes come back in 2012 (provided the world doesn't come to an end by then...) Step 2: go to http://www.haircolorist.com/ , purchase the study kit, which also makes my appointment for the exam, and Step 3: TAKE THE DAMN EXAM!!! (which requires me to locate the exam site, a hotel to stay at, etc. Someone will be going with me, they just don't know it yet!!) My goal is to pass the stupid thing the first time. The study kit (which, technically, I'll already have) has everything in it I'll need to learn their methods so I can successfully take the exam. Oh, by the way, I'll be raising a teenager at the same time. I think I'll need copious amounts of both therapy and DRUGS to get through it all!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is an awesome plan, and I fully and wholeheartedly support you in achieving it!

    Of course, I don't expect you'll get a lot of use out of my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I never do, other than the experience. However, if it makes you feel better, Wifeness' hair didn't net me a whole lot, either! :)

    ReplyDelete