Monday, May 3, 2010

Got some "new" stuff !!

So, Wayfarer, Wifeness, SiSi & NiNi came up yesterday...actually, they brought Katiekatherine back from her overnight to see "Annie", and brought with them my hairdressing chair (Thanks, Maeve!) and new-to-me hairdressing station! Currently, I am unable to post any pictures, or else I would!!! The chair is "vintage": from the early 80's. It's Lucite (just the seat part), and it drops down low enough for me to see the top of a person's head (without having to stand on something or ask them to slouch!) The cushion will need to be replaced, though. Too many years stored in some body's cellar makes the foam inside very stinky! (not to mention the fact that mildew and I don't get along very well...that's what the stink is!) The station part is really just a big plywood "bench", previously used as a room separator (for the teenager in residence at Wayfarer's house), but now she's got a big girl bedroom, sooooo..... I have a new station!! I may wind up putting some kind of veneer on the sides and maybe tile the top, but, for right now, PSYCHED!!! I've also been making hair swatches, again. Managed to amass 7 sandwich bags of hair this week. I wanted to get it all done today, but, I was getting extra cranky messing around with the hair strands, so, it was obviously time to quit! Why do I have the chair and station in my house?? Wellllllllllll............. occasionally, I do hair at home. Ideally, I'd like everyone to just go to the salon and see me there (really, we do have the cheapest prices around), but, I also like to help people in my life out once in a while. I do charge them, mind you. I will NOT work for free.....just ask my mother. However, I don't charge them what the salon charges. I charge enough to cover the materials needed, plus my water usage and electricity. In the case of Wayfarer house, we have a special deal right now.....I get organic vegetables, they get haircuts!! The best part?? We all get to visit, quite regularly!!! Which is much nicer than when I used to have to re-arrange the cosmos to get to see them!! I am also one of those psychotic fruit loops who live, eat, and breathe the job they love. I have sooo much stuff around her that all ties into what I do for a living!! I may even be getting an even better printer (one that will accept my camera disk thingy) so I can put pictures all over the Internet (no,not really), and continue to print things I find like a mad woman!!! Thank GOD, BJ's has 1/2 inch binders in bulk!!! This week should also be "fun" at work...Ginger is going on vacation and none of us are booked solid! Most of Evelyn's clients for the next 10 days are actually Ginger's!!! Here's to hoping I fill in!!! Chrissy, too! I found, in the cabinet when looking for something else, some old postcards that Ginger saved (because she throws NOTHING out, even if it's got the wrong name on it), with an offer of 10% savings on your next visit. I just needed to fill in a note for the client, and the dates to use the coupon by. Hopefully, Ginger mailed them out today, along with the birthday coupons we always send out! Then, between both coupons, maybe I'll be a busy girl for the next month(That's how long this coupon is good for)!!! I believe that's all the updates, for now, at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment