Friday, November 9, 2012

The beginning of a new era??

At the end of September, unbeknownst to me, Rita called Coral to give her notice.  This is the second time she's given her notice and the second time she's been talked out of it (more than likely has to do with turn over numbers--certainly not her stellar job performance).  The solution??  To transfer her to another store an hour away (side note:  Rita had difficulty getting to our store on time, a mere 15 minutes away from her home).  I do not believe that she was aware all of her disciplinary actions would be following her...but I digress.

I found out this information during a weekly conference call-- "Oh, by the way..."  and asked Coral to call me directly after the meeting to give me the details,  which weren't much.  Just that Rita wanted to quit and chose to transfer to the other store instead.  I was led to believe she was going willingly.  However, Rita told everyone she had no choice in the matter.  Well, sunshine, you DID have a choice--you could have insisted on quitting---cut your losses and GO.

Me, being the sneaky jerk that I am, I made sure we had a little good-bye celebration for her---cake, flowers, card.  However, me also being me, I couldn't totally be fake with her--"Bye, Rita.  Good luck!"  no long, drawn out speech, no phoniness.  The other girls each wrote a paragraph in her card about "come back & see us--we'll miss you!" blah blah blah.  I wrote "Good luck--Change is good!  Embrace the change!"  Cold??  Sure.  But HONEST.

Since she's been gone, it's been fairly calm.  Tina has been up to some shenanigans (ultimately stemming from her break up with her boyfriend and not wanting to be "ousted" by the two new girls), but, over all, CALM.  We're starting to gel as a team--which is nice.

My primary focus is on making sure the two new girls make commission.  Tina can handle herself--she's got a client base (albeit a small one)

No comments:

Post a Comment