Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What my days are like...

I was just on a professional site on Facebook, where they asked the stylist if they were to write a letter to their client, what would it say.  All were quite funny, yet sadly true at the same time.  And it got me to thinking:  What would I say to my clients??  Not so much my regular clients, who are fabulous people, but to the ones that hop from salon to salon, for what ever reason.  So, here we go:

Dear client:

1)  When I ask you to hold/manipulate your child's head, please do exactly that.  Hold their head FIRMLY and move it/hold it where I need it to be so I can cut their hair quickly & efficiently.

2) If your child is crying and pitching a fit, this is NOT a good time to cut their hair.

3) When you tell me you're not fussy about your haircut, don't be.

4) Please don't ask me to recommend shampoo, conditioner, styling products or hair color from the drugstore or department store.  I do not use those products myself and have no idea what any of them are.

5) Whether you book an appointment or sign up when you walk in the door:  when we give you a time, please be on time.  If you walk away after we tell you "5-10 minutes" it's going to suck to be you if you don't come right back.

6)  When you ask how much for a corrective color, don't be all shocked when we tell you the price.  it's a CORRECTIVE COLOR.  These things take time and patience.

7) When we quote you a price, that's the price.  It's not negotiable.  Do you haggle with your dentist, doctor, mechanic??  Didn't think so.  Keep haggling and the price goes UP.

8) Please don't ask me what a good tip is or if you tipped enough.  If you ask me these questions, I will tell you a good tip is $50, and, no, you didn't tip enough.  Google it if you want to know what a good tip is.

9)  When you color your hair at home, and have severly damaged hair because you followed the directions on the box, please don't expect miracles when you sit in my chair.  The easiet, least expensive way to fix all that damage is to CUT IT OFF.  If you would just sit in my chair for your haircolor in the first place, we wouldn't have this problem.

I know this sounds like I'm an ungrateful twit.  I'm really not.  I enjoy each and every one of my clients.  Without them, I wouldn't have a paycheck!  These are just the things I (and other hair care professionals) hear ALL THE TIME.  I hope you see the humor as well as the lesson in these.

No comments:

Post a Comment