Thursday, November 26, 2009

Holidays are going to be interesting....

So. Yesterday. I started off the day with ONE client. Kind of depressing if you let it, which I didn't. Lately, people have been calling last minute, expecting miracles. Well, welcome to your miracle!! I gained at least 3 new clients yesterday, with the possibility of a fourth!!! and that was out of the 6 clients I had!! Sooo much fun!!! And, yesterday was haircut day, as well. However, I made sure to talk up all kinds of stuff with my clients...how color can add texture to your hair, your hair isn't as "thin" as you think it is, this is a product you should try, this is how to use a curling iron....everything!!! The many observations I made yesterday are : Always be myself. (I have a hard time acting like someone else) Be honest with your client (have a difficult time lying, so this one is easy, too) They like it when you actually TAKE THE TIME to listen to their needs and work hard to give them what they want. My boss had no choice but to book me with clients because she was booked solid and so was Maude. I continually surprise my boss by knowing what I'm doing and making it happen. I'm always curious when, exactly, will I be validated with her and by her?? I suspect never, because of the favoritism that goes on at our shop. I'd also like to expand my hours to 8 hour days, next time the opportunity arrises, including working a day that Ginger doesn't. (which will make her nuts, I know.) It is frustrating to work where I'm at, not going to lie. However, the idea of moving, especially when I don't have a large client base to offer anyone, is scary and really not an option. My next goal is to create a mission statement to post at my station. Any ideas??? Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, one day you will be validated! Just do your work and she will finally notice.
    How many did you cook for, Beth?

    ReplyDelete