Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Will justice truly be served??

So, another week at the salon. The recession has finally "hit" out here and things have been quiet. Mind you, traditionally (for this area) September through mid November is quiet...there's no major holiday, or event in that time span, the kids area back in school...down time. My salon owner, "Ginger" has been pushing the panic button, asking "Chrissy" and I to cut back on our hours (since we're hourly paid...and new, that's who gets hit first. Sucks, I know). "Ginger's" right hand person, "Evelyn" has also not had a lot to do lately. Lately...pfft...she's had great gaping craters in her schedule since March, "Ginger" is just noticing it now. Personally, I think "Evelyn" has been complaining, ALOT about it lately. She's also well known to not manage her money very well. This is someone who previously pulled down $600 weekly paychecks, and now that's been cut in HALF. I'll give her credit, that's a big ouch. However, ADJUST YOUR BUDGET...Find out what happpened to your clients...DO SOMETHING. Anyway....one of the things Evelyn is known to do (I was pre-warned by "Patty" before she moved on) is to steal retail commission from people. She did it to Patty, she's done it to Chrissy, she has blatantly stolen clients from Maude (which is sooo not cool), and now she tried to steal retail commission from me, someone I thought she wouldn't mess with, mostly because she knew where I used to work and that I don't take people's crap. While I was looking up something in one of my client's retail history, I noticed Evelyn's name on a product my client bought the day my client was in WITH ME. I brought it to Ginger's attention, and wanted questions answered. Ginger tried explaining to me that there are a lot of "grey areas" when it comes to who gets the retail commission. I was not satisfied with that answer, and said so. Ginger was surprised, and vowed to figure something out. I go in today, expecting God knows what, based on the fact that Evelyn is Ginger's favorite, bar none. The resolution I got is this: Since I have inherited clients from a previous employee, and that product was originally recommended by that stylist in the first place, AND that Evelyn actually did steal retail commission from me, so, A) I will be getting paid the commission off those sales, and in the future, that product will be MINE to claim, not Evelyn's. A victory for me!! I will be interested to see how Evelyn treats me going forward. She's really good at holding a grudge and being an ass. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment