Saturday, November 14, 2009

Soooooo......

So, work was fun...I filled in quite nicely, had a good time...and got snubbed by my co-workers! What's "interesting" is that when Evelyn isn't around, Ginger and I get along very well. And it's not that we don't to start off with, but when Evelyn is around, she doesn't talk to me a whole lot. It's childish and stupid. I'm hoping to fill in even more today...when I'm nice & busy, I don't have time to notice the other junk. Patience... On another note, I have a 21 year old niece who is also "interesting". She manages to scrape money together to have pets she really can't afford, to have tattoos she reallly can't afford, and can manage to make it down to her hometown (30 minutes from where we live) to visit people, but, magically, cannot make it over here to see myself, her other grandmother (my mother) or her siblings with her father. I can understand not wanting to see her father...he's a dick. Period. Her grandmother and I, that's different. We were always good to her. There were times when she wouldn't have gotten ANYTHING for Christmas if we hadn't stepped in and made it happen. We used to go and get her from school, helped her with any drama she had going on, etc.....I'm not specifically expecting her to be grateful for the rest of her life, but, gosh...affection and consideration would be nice. We're family, too, and she seems to forget that component, unless she needs something, then her hand is always out. She's so not the person I thought she would turn out to be. This is definitely something I need to let go of, but, dammit, it hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment