Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The emotionally unavailable

What is it with guys that are emotionally unavailable? How is it that they're attractive to me??? I guess you could blame it on my Dad...boy, he was emotionally unavailable!! But, seriously...what is it with guys who think they're ready to move on, yet really aren't?? Is it so hard to admit you need some time, some considerable time, to lick your wounds?? To maybe sit in a corner, sucking your thumb and crying while holding your blankie?? I can tell you that coming on fairly strong to a new someone, then switching it off like a light switch doesn't get it done. While I understand that the holidays are hard when someone is freshly divorced (and boy, do I mean fresh...just shy of 2 months, a mere 6 months total since the separation), and has always had someone else to take care of things like Christmas shopping, etc., for them, let's try focusing on establishing and maintaining a family routine before we try adding someone new into it. Now, I'm not the first woman he's had a date with where he dropped them shortly after. But, here's the thing: YOU'RE NOT READY TO MOVE ON YET!!! Isn't there a self-help book out there somewhere for this very thing?? I may have to do some investigating after the holidays!! Thanks for letting me vent!

No comments:

Post a Comment