Saturday, December 18, 2010

In my life....

So, as you've read, my life has gone topsy-turvy. Katie's dad is back in the picture, and it's been "interesting" so far. Katie's aunt (Doug's sister-in-law) is back in my life, for which the jury is still out on. We used to be great friends, until she decided to feed Doug a bunch of crap which he then used as the excuse for us to originally break up. Really, he more than likely met someone else (the man has NEVER been faithful) and was ready to move on. Water under the bridge, really. However, the whole situation with Jennifer caused me to be forever cautious around her. She likes to "stir up trouble", so I'm careful what I say. She is full of "useful" information, though....even if I take most of it with a grain of salt. To add to the mix, just for fun, I've met someone. Now, normally, I do not look at my client base as dating fodder. Completely not cool, totally unprofessional. However, at the beginning of the month, I had a new client in my chair. We struck up conversation. (when you have someone in your chair, you can cover a LOT of territory in the time they're sitting with you!) And I heard the audible "click" that told me this guy could possibly be "IT". I watched him, and he heard it, too. By the time he left, not only did he tip me HUGE, he also suggested we all go skating sometime. (one of the conversations we had) So, when I got home that night, I found him on Facebook, and sent him a nice little message about how nice it was to talk to him today. And we've been talking ever since. He wanted to take me out last Saturday night, however, that just wasn't possible, since I was in Greenfield, waiting for Katie to be dropped off by her father. I did suggest that we go to lunch instead. Which we did. Here's the story: I drove over to his shop at the appointed time (did I mention he A) owns his own business? B) owns his own home?? C) has freshly signed divorce papers??) and let myself in. He's a machinist. Which was kind of neat to watch, even though it's all done by enclosed (mostly), computer run machines. He kept apologizing for not being ready. To which I replied: "Relax....it's okay, really!" Winchester is a really small town, much like Hinsdale is. So places to eat lunch are at a minimum that don't involve copious amounts of grease. We started off at the take-out Chinese place (which stunk to high heaven of grease). As we were standing there, contemplating the menu, James (did I mention his name is James??) suggested going to this bake shop/deli on the other side of Hinsdale. So, I said, "Sure. I've never eaten there before." And, we climb back in his truck, drive towards Hinsdale. As we approach the race track (where the new Walmart is located), he asks me if there's an Applebee's in Brattleboro. "No, but there's a 99" "I love 99! Lets go there!" "Okay!" So, we go to 99 for lunch. The food took it's sweet time getting to our table, so we had a chance to talk. It was a bit awkward at first, because this is all new to the both of us (it's been nearly 6 years since I was involved in anything vaguely resembling a relationship). But, we did okay. Our food arrived, we ate and talked some more. Then, we finally decided to leave. We get back into his truck (fully loaded, brand sparkly new pick up truck with vanity plates, I might add) and he asks me if I mind going back to Winchester via Chesterfield. (which, for those that don't know, is in the complete OPPOSITE direction from whence we came) By the time we got back to his shop, we had been gone for over 2 hours!! Now, nothing happened other than a whole lot of conversation. However, I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face ever since. We're going to try to get together again, for either lunch or dinner, SOON. Stay tuned!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Rein it in girl...watch out...he is newly divorced, you say? Red flags keep popping up in my head, recently divorced, recently divorced...been there, done that...TREAD SLOWLY, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete