Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dipping my toe into the dating pool

For some reason, the gods have determined that this is going to be my year. Apparently, I've become attractive to the opposite sex again. Well, it's not that I haven't been attractive to others...on the contrary, I've been asked out, many times. However, no one has been attractive to ME, with the one most recent exception. Until now. I had a boyfriend in high school, who had a best friend, Tod. I remember meeting him way back then. As a matter of fact, he actually was the one who found my class ring, crushed, on the ground at the race track and returned it to me. But, that was the extent of my interaction with him. He was one of Wade's friends, and that was it. I've run into Tod, over the years, in various retail establishments. And, we've always managed to chat for a long time each time we've seen one another. And, we're friends on Facebook. We chat every once in a while, on FB. About a month ago, he listed his relationship status as "single", and I commented on it, remarking that I was sorry things didn't work out. A week ago, he posted a question on FB. It went something like this: If you were a hobbit, which one would you be and why? To which I replied, Samwise's wife, because she's short and has red wavy hair. And a conversation ensued. Which eventually got a little flirty. And I asked him if he was getting flirty. To which I received a private message from him, admitting that, yes, he was getting flirty. We talked for 2 hours on FB. And made a date for this Sunday (today, in fact) to have breakfast. We were on again the other night, and managed to talk, again, for two hours. Now, I realize that this story is sounding suspiciously like my previous dating story. It does get better. He lets me know (because it's easier when you're on FB instead of face to face) that he thinks I'm cute, sexy as hell, blah blah blah. I'm liking this, as I've always been mildly attracted to Tod, so, I'm going along with all of this. That conversation ended, because, well, it was nearing 11pm...waaaaay past my bedtime!! Then, there was last night. During another open conversation, he not only let the free world (anybody reading his posts) know he still thinks I'm sexy as hell, but that he was home and I should just come on over and watch the hockey game with him. (could rightly care less about hockey, mind you). It was unbelievably tempting to head over there last night. UNBELIEVABLY. However, I was a good girl and didn't go. I was kid-free, too. And, I don't regret it, either. That's not how I wish to start things up. Wrong foot is not the place to be!! Now, let's look at this morning. I actually got up at 4:30 this morning, because that's when my internal alarm said "HEY! GET UP!!" I fought it for a little bit, then gave in and got up. And spent the early morning hours in a state of total nervousness. Stay tuned for tomorrow's exciting episode!!

No comments:

Post a Comment