Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Updates as they happen (sorta)

I just noticed I didn't update anyone on my breakfast date. So, here it is: Went to breakfast...looked FABULOUS...had some seriously huge Bon Jovi hair going on....Breakfast was just that...breakfast. I worried about where to put the child for nothing, really. Tod was acting weird, even for him. I just chalked it up to nervousness. Boy, was I wrong!! Jump ahead to Monday....he's making posts about how 2011 has started off on a great note. Silly me, I thought it was about ME...wrong again!! Here's what happened: Tod had tried to get me to come over to his house. I turned him down. Eventually, at some point, his "secret crush" magically appeared on his doorstep. Apparently (from what I gleaned off FB, not because he was honest and told me), she has never before given him the time of day. And magically appears on his doorstep. And, being a guy, since opportunity knocked, he answered. Now, the right thing he should have done was to call me and tell me something came up and he couldn't make it. But, that didn't happen. He went ahead with breakfast, then told me, through FB, the next day, that it was a bad idea to go to breakfast,that it didn't feel right. That something happened that he wouldn't get into with me. I got quite angry with him, and told him so. There's nothing I dislike more than dishonesty. Would I have been happy knowing he had sex with someone the night before?? Probably not, even though there was nothing "promised" between the two of us. However, I'm naive, rusty enough to have believed the things he was telling me prior to...how beautiful, sexy, blah blah blah I am....sigh.... So, I avoided him on FB for a week, then went back into his "Wall" and read about how he "f***** up last week, and now I have to live with it" (which he has since taken off FB), and it seems, he's still having the pity party, table of one over the whole thing. I'd like to think he's feeling bad over the way he treated me, but probably not. I'm sure he's lamenting over the fact that he got royally used by "the secret crush"... And, this is the question he posed on FB: "What would you do if your secret crush appeared on your doorstep??" So, here is my answer: For myself, I'd be a bit suspicious. This is someone who has previously NEVER given me the time of day. Why would they show up at my house now??? The fact that my daughter is always with me is also my saving grace...a guarantee that nothing will go amuck, because she's there and we live in a small apartment. The fact that I don't live on the main drag would also tell me someone did some serious digging to find where I live....that one I'd be on the fence about. On the one hand "He must really like me" would come to mind, then instantly, "How did you find where I live" since I don't tend to socialize with my co-workers, would also come to mind. But, I'm like that. I don't have that extra "brain" to think with. Although, there are some women who think like that, I'm not one of them. Never have been. So, my sympathy for him doesn't extend very far. And, truly, knowing how angry I got, if my friendship was really as "dear" as he stated, to my mind, something more than a half-assed apology would have been in order. Apparently, he'd rather beat himself up than man up, apologize, and salvage a friendship that's existed for 25 years. Kind of stinks to find out how you truly rate in this world with some people. ANOTHER UPDATE: I let the people in my life for whom I take care of their hair outside of the salon know that I would no longer be doing that. None of my reasons are made up. I'm tired of doing hair outside of work. Financially, it doesn't do me any good. Some of my travelling to do hair is a 40 mile round trip to make it happen. While I love all these friends dearly, I don't' want to do hair outside of work any longer. It's truly an inconvenient pain in the behind. Dragging all of my stuff with me, always leaving something behind, washing hair in the kitchen sink, or dealing with sprayed down, dirty hair (which just feels nasty...), and bartering for things. Tired of all of it. I am also getting ready to order my study kit for ABCH (American Board of Certified Haircolorists), to start studying/practicing to take the exam, hopefully in August of 2012, if not August of 2013. It's the equivalent of a masters degree in haircolor and it's something I've wanted for a long time. Mostly what I'm waiting for is my tax stuff to come back so I can file them, receive the money, and purchase the study materials, which come to over $500, not including shipping. Then, there's also the huge amount of wear and tear on my car...and I can't swing car payments right now....sigh... Katie's dad is also 3 weeks behind on child support...an amount I cannot carry. So, there's some financial struggling going on right now. Things are behind, which never makes me feel comfy.... Some of Katie's issues with school have been dealt with, albeit in a very heavy handed way. The principal had to come down on her head with a major threat to get her to stay in school. And the criteria for staying home has changed. A fever of over 100 is the only thing that keeps her at home. Period. And she needs a doctors note to get back into school. No more notes from me. So far, so good. She hasn't pulled any of her usual shenanigans since that day. I got a raise at work. While that's exciting, more money in my paycheck, it also makes hitting commission that much harder. Which was the other reason for not doing hair at home any longer. Unfortunately, where I work, versus where the Massachusetts contingent live isn't terribly convenient, for anybody. And I've upset the balance within the force by telling them so. But, I'm not backing down. Not giving in. Not trading services for services. Nothing. It stresses me out too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment