Sunday, March 6, 2011

Totally forgot yesterday's color....

Whilst busy reporting on my education and my co-workers, I completely forgot yesterday's color client!! She's one that bounces from one to the other in our salon, which is fine...all of us know her and all of us do something different. She naturally has quite dark hair...easily a level 2. She used to home color it, and thank god she has STRONG hair!! She came in quite a while back, with Chrissy, for foil highlights. Since then, she's seen me twice for cap highlights (which I hate doing). She was going out for her birthday last night and wanted to splurge a little on herself. So, I pulled her through the cap, mixed up her formula, and applied it. What I do when I apply the color to capped hair is I treat it just like a regular color...deal with the regrowth first, since that's brand new hair, hit the dark spots through out the strands next, then through the rest of it. When working with hair pulled through the cap, it's impossible to not pull the product through to the ends. Like I said...thank god she has strong hair! I put a plastic cap over this mess (made her look like the cafeteria lady) and let her process for 20 minutes, with no additional heat. Her hair is strong, but it also pulls up so nicely!! And she still has enough of the dark(natural plus a whole lot of artificial pigment) to create a nice contrast. Ginger commented twice on how good her hair looked after I got done...sounded surprised, too...I hate it when she does that. Seriously. I don't think she'll appreciate my color abilities until after I leave and open my own shop...swear to god!!

No comments:

Post a Comment