Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chemical Hair Cuts....

Had a client come in yesterday, signed up to see one of the other girls, thinking she was going to get some color done.  Thank GOD she asked me my opinion on what she wanted done!!

I had heard about this woman's hair (without knowing who it was) the week before.  (One of my stylists can't keep "secrets")  She had been getting her hair bleached for quite a while now.  And she needed her regrowth done.  Well, apparently, she had a lot of gold banding going on, because she waits too long between appointments.  So, the stylist went through her hair with lightener and applied it to those spots.  And left it on too long.  So now, this poor woman has tons of breakage going on and WHITE areas in her hair.....which is destroyed hair waiting to break off.

She had come in last week, when I wasn't there, and spoke to one of the younger stylists, who told her she can do all kinds of things to her hair.  When I heard about it from the blabbermouth, I flipped a lid.  There isn't a damn thing you can do with hair like that, other than let it grow out and get regular hair cuts.  There isn't a product out there that will heal that hot mess.

The poor woman cried.  I felt so bad for her, but the hair cut needed to happen.  The color she showed me (from the book) will look FABULOUS on her, once all that blonde is OUT of her hair, and I told her so.  Her hair is fine, and she's tried to have it long for years and all it has ever been is scraggly.  When she heard how much needed to come off, she started to bawl and comment about how the man at home was going to be upset because he loves long hair.  I HATE hearing that.  I whipped around, looked her right in the eye and said "Hey...does he love you or your hair?? "  I'm sure she didn't appreciate that comment, but seriously...it's freakin' hair.  It WON'T heal, trust me.  The only cure is a hair cut, plain and simple.

Once the hair cut was done, and styled (which it will NEVER look that way, ever again), it looked beautiful, thick and full.  And, we managed to convince her to let that color grow out, no matter how bad it looks in the mean time.  She's got breakage so bad, some of the sections of hair are barely 2 inches long.  We'll see how this one goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment