Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stealing another Monday Meme

Since I've made a point of NOT complaining about what goes on at work with my co-workers, I've managed to limit my subject matter, just a bit.  Therefore, I've been reading Wayfarer's blogs (because he's finally started blogging again) and shamelessly stealing from him my subject matter!!

Are you happy with the person you've become?
Yes.  I'm always needing "improvement", but, over all, I'm happy with me and comfortable with who I am.

What sound do you hate? Small children screaming in pain/anger.  Pay attention to your kid!!
What sound do you love? Small children giggling like crazy.  Best sound EVER!

What is your biggest "what if"?  Truly, if I'd stayed with Katie's dad.  We had a dumb relationship, really.  And now, we're both pretty successful at what we do.  It probably wouldn't have worked out this way if I'd allowed things to continue the way they were.  But, it's still a "what if".

Do you believe in ghosts?  Yes.  My house is full of them.  They're all my family members, so it's not as creepy as it sounds.  It's quite comforting, actually.  I'm living where I'm supposed to.  For now.

Do you believe in aliens?  No.  I love science fiction movies (Star Trek, Star Wars), fantasy movies (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter), but, no, I don't truly believe in that stuff.

What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far??  I have two.  Having Katie and getting my cosmetology license.  They're pretty equal with one another.  Both have changed my life in numerous ways.  All good.

What is the worst place you have ever been to?   Both driving through the George Washington Bridge in NYC and what a friend referred to as "Brown Town" near her southern hometown were pretty scary.  Beyond that, I don't get out much...

Can insanity bring on more creativity?  Having experienced mental illness first hand through my ex-husband, yes, it can.  While he's not "insane", I have experienced him in some seriously manic moments crank out some creative stuff.  Not always good, mind you, but definitely creative.

Most attractive actor of your opposite gender?  Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds.  Incredibly lovely to look at, I like their acting abilities, and their voices are pleasantly deep.  Sigh...

To you, what is the meaning of life?  Not really sure how to answer this one.  A comfy home, a decent car that runs well, enough money in my pocket to accomplish what I need to. Making sure my teenager still loves me (and I, her!)!   Guess I answered it!

Define "art"  What I do is art, what Katie's dad does (auto body) is art, what Katie does (pipe cleaner people, anyone??) is art, what my mom did (cakes) is art, what my dad did (2-D drawing) was art.

Do you believe in luck?  I believe we have the power to make our own luck.

In your opinion, what makes a great relationship??  Communication and compromise.  I stink at both, regularly.  But, I keep trying.

What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?  "Sleigh Ride" by Leroy Anderson Orchestra, this time of year.  "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins any other time of the year...I picture the feet, EVERY time!

Where were you yesterday?  At work.  Bringing in clients and making some good tips!

What's the worst injury you've ever had??  Luckily, I've managed to stay relatively unharmed in that way.  However, I sprained my ankle by falling down a small flight of stairs with my then 3 year old niece in my arms...pretty scary.  I was more concerned with whether or not she'd hit her head on anything when we landed, not what I'd done to myself.  Also, the bumps & bruises I sustained from my very first car accident.  The hemotoma on my forehead is finally gone (accident was when I was 19), but my breastbone still "tweaks" every once in a while (hit it on the steering column in my car).  A "nice" reminder to not drive while ridiculously tired.

Ever had a rumor spread about you?  Oh, too many to count.  There are those who feel my life is terribly exciting.  Still haven't figured that one out yet.

Do you believe in real magic?  This kind of goes with the aliens question.  No, not really.

Do you ever hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?  If avoiding certain people because of how I was treated when I was young counts, then, yes.  I steer clear of those that have bullied me.  I'm not afraid of them, not by a long shot.  I avoid them (most of them) so that I don't say things that don't really need to be said.  There's one bully I cannot avoid completely, but, luckily, I only have to be around him 5 times a year....three holidays and two birthdays.

What's your favorite (non-pet) animal??  Elephants.  Bar none.  There is something about them that just gets to me, every time.  I have no idea why.  Must be a past life experience.  I actually saw (on TV) an elephant give birth and I just cried watching that little bit of life come to be.

What is your secret weapon to get people to like you?  It's a combination of things.  Being honest, showing empathy, sympathy, a bit flirty, knowledgeable in lots of things (to be able to carry on a conversation regarding just about anything), and, at least at work, being a little bit easy on the eyes is helpful.  However, those that know me the longest and the best have seen me without all the "paint" and they still like me, anyway!

Where is your best friend right now?  Sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment