Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Monday Meme on Tuesday...

Wayfarer Journal has been a blogging madman of late, after taking a year off, and I'm stealing from him, AGAIN, because, well, I'm too damn tired to think of anything to write, currently...So, here goes:

If you were an animal, what would it be??  Why??
I would be a cat.  They're one of my two favorite animals (the other is elephants).  Why??  Because their needs are met almost instantly, and they get to sleep 22+ hours a day.  Sleep would be good....

Hair color you like on someone you're dating?
I'm a sucker for tall, dark & handsome...EVERY time.  Katie's father fit the bill (at the time, mind you):  Chocolate brown, wavy hair, hazelly brown eyes, 6'6", great smile, moustache....basically, a young Tom Selleck or Burt Reynolds, complete with snazzy car....but, I'm digressing...moving on!

If you were suffering an injury, would you rather be blind or deaf??
Deaf....if I'm blind, I can't see to do my work, and I'm finally doing the work I LOVE...I can't create fabulous hair if I can't see...

Do you have any special talents?
I color hair.  It doesn't sound like much, but I can look at your hair, look at you, talk to you, figure out what will work best and formulate like a mad scientist to make it happen.

What do you do as soon as you walk in the house?
Put down my bag, drop the coat, shed the shoes, hang up the keys, change the hairy clothes, talk to the teenager, figure out what's for dinner (because I'm not a plan ahead kind of gal--I should be, but I'm not)

Do you like horror or comedy?
I admit to liking both "Shaun of the Dead" and "Zombieland" (although "Zombieland not as much), however, "genuine" horror, NO.  It's dumb and completely unbelievable.  I'll take a comedy any day...

Are you missing anyone??
There are many people who are gone that I wish were back, if only for a day.  Some good, and some not so good.  Currently, my Gram (my dad's step mother) passed away almost a year ago.  Her birthday is Dec. 23rd...I'm missing her a bit, even though we weren't terribly close once I became an adult.

Where do you want to live when you are old?
Well, I'd like to say some warm, exotic place.  But, I like where I live.  A home of my own, instead of renting, maybe...but I'm where I'm supposed to be.

Who is the person you can count on the most?
There's a huge list.....I'm not able to narrow it down to one person.  I count on everyone for a variety of reasons.  I think it comes with being a single parent.

If you could date any celebrity, past or present, who would it be?
Lately, it's been Matthew Perry....Katie has been watching old episodes of "Friends" lately and his sarcasm is just FANTASTIC!!  I realize it's all scripted, so, it should really be Chandler Bing....

What did you dream last night?
Most of the time, I don't remember my dreams, unless they're graphic or scary, and even then, it takes a lot to get me to remember them.  Must be I have too much in my head....

What is your favorite sport to watch?
No sports fan here....that being said, Figure skating was a favorite when I was a kid, as well as competitive gymnastics.  Loved watching the Olympics as a kid....1980 Hockey team, Mary Lou Retton, Torvill & Dean...

Are you named after anyone??
My first name is because I was a small baby, therefore, I got a small name.  My middle name is my Polish Great Grandmother's American middle name (boy, that's a mouthful for a small middle name, too!!)

What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
I used to drink wine spritzers, heavy on the spritzer, when I was dating The Drunk.  I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 6+ years.  I never was much of a drinker, anyway....I can be stupid on air...I don't need alcohol to intensify it....

Non alcoholic drink??
Juice & seltzer...Wayfarer House turned me onto this and it's how I drink juice now...straight juice tastes wicked sweet!

Have you ever been in love?
Yes.

Do you sing in the shower?
No, although there's always music in the bathroom....I generally talk to myself in the shower, if I say anything at all...mostly, I'm enjoying the white noise and the peace...

Have you ever been arrested?
No.  Pulled over?  Multiple times.  Been in car accidents, yes.  Arrested, NO.

What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas.  Even though I've worked in retail for a million years, I still love Christmas.  The decorations, the gift giving, the whole festive thing.  Christmas music, okay, specific Christmas music, always puts me in a good mood, for the entire day.

Would you ever get plastic surgery?
Yes.  Boob job...in a heart beat.  And some liposuction..I'm too damn lazy to diet.

Have you ever caught a fish?
Only from the meat counter.  Dad took me fishing exactly once.  I was 6.  I asked way too many questions.  He never took me again.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your answer to the last question because I can totally imagine it (not just you, but all daughters whose fathers take them fishing -- exactly once)!

    ReplyDelete