Monday, December 26, 2011

Two colors....

Had two colors today...one came out just great, the other, meh...

Wing nut number one came in, wanting to know if I could fix her hair.  She had pulled her hair through the cap, but only did the front (bought at kit at the store).  Therefore, the back of her hair was very dark.  And, (this is the best part) she was INSISTING her natural color was a light ash blonde.  NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.  Naturally, she's a warm level 5...medium warm brown.  Which means, when her hair lightens up, it's got some amazing warm tones ("red" to those not in the business) going on.

My mistake was in not lightening her ends first.  I dealt with her roots first.  Big mistake, because by the time I got done applying the lightener to her ends, her roots were pale blonde.  Her ends, not so much.
I then covered her ends (after rinsing & washing thoroughly) with 10A & 8N. (9NA) Also put SPV & SPN on her regrowth area, then feathered the 9NA into the regrowth area. (Hoping it would darken it up enough, which it did not)

This lady was a few sandwiches shy of a picnic.  She was pleasant enough, overall.  However, it wouldn't surprise me to know there's an official diagnosis of SOMETHING in a file somewhere.  She's definitely "not right".

Her color didn't come out quite like I wanted it to.  However, it was more like what she wanted.  And I did tell her she could come back and get it fixed if she didn't like it.  Just give it a couple of days.  Something I've noticed about myself is that when I've spent that much time looking at the hair I need to fix, I don't always see the finished results correctly.  When I redid Tina's hair a couple of weeks ago, even with the warm color I had put on her hair, I could still see all the mocha I was trying to cover up!  So, we'll see.

Wing nut number two:  Her daughter in law.  Who SWEARS I am the best thing since sliced cheese.  Not so much, really.  Especially not today.  Goofed her haircut up a bit....mistranslated what the cut was and gave her something totally different.  Oh, well.  Hair grows.  It doesn't look bad, just not the cut she was looking for.  It happens.  I can't beat myself up about this stuff.  She's still willing to come back and bring her child along for a haircut next time. 

However, her color:  A simple one, really.  A richer shade of what she already had.  She's a warm tone level 6, with some previous color growing out.  So, Color Sync to the rescue!  7WN & 6N to give it the warmth she was looking for, and a richness her previous color was lacking.  Gorgeous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment