Saturday, January 23, 2010

Same ol' song & dance, my friend...

So, this week has been a quiet week...there's a whole money cycle where I work, as to when people have money and when they don't. Don't is just as obvious as when they do! Consequently, not only do Chrissy & I have empty books, so does Evelyn. Who happens to be a cutthroat individual. There were two walk-ins yesterday, one of which is one of her clients, the other, I'm not sure. The greedy witch took both of them for herself, instead of offering them to me. This is because, yet again, we have no policies in place to cover these issues when they crop up. However, the third walk-in actually requested me, just before I was getting ready to leave. A non-tipper, and a relatively non-talker, but, still, a client who requested me!! This is the part of the industry that I hate...the cutthroat crap. I will say, I wasn't overly adult about the way I handled it, either. I swept up after Ginger, swept the rest of the floor (as I was mopping certain areas), and blatantly walked around Evelyn's area, picking up the broom as I walked by. Was that the mature way to handle things?? Nope. Did it get my point across?? You betcha. Will it change anything?? Nope. Did I feel a snotty sense of satisfaction doing it>> YOU BETCHA!! Also found out the booking stupidity on Saturdays is Evelyn's doing, as well. Because there are 5 stylists and 4 stations on Saturdays, the clients between myself and Chrissy need to be done creatively...meaning you had better pay attention to what is in each column before you book either of us. One of my clients, we'll call her "Mary" called & booked an appointment with me for today, yesterday. (does that make sense??) Anyway, Mary and I are friends away from the salon, so she called me to ask me if I was booked up for today. "Not that I'm aware of...just two clients" because Evelyn made it sound like she was having difficulty booking her appointment. When I went in and looked at it...WHAT AN IDIOT. She gave me too much time with Mary, for both haircut & wax (if it takes me 1/2 hour to wax some one's blond eyebrows, shoot me!) and, better yet, it completely overlapped with Chrissy's appointment, which starts at 10am. How hard is it to actually LOOK at the book??? Our columns are actually right next to each other. It's not rocket science, FOLKS!! Last weekend we had a complete mess going on, because of booking errors. Chrissy still needs a ton of time to get things done. She works using a lot of caution, due to lack of confidence. So, when she had a client in for both a perm and a semi permanent color after, she wasn't booked with enough time, nor was she booked at the right time, because it ran into my client at 9am. Especially when her client was 10 minutes late. Yet again, booked by Evelyn without thinking!! If we were both marketed correctly, this wouldn't be happening. Chrissy needs to use Saturdays as her skin care days, pedi's & mani's...that way, we don't bump into one another. One would think this would be common sense to someone in the business, but, when the whole world evolves around ourselves instead of others, we tend to not notice these things. Thanks for listening to me complain!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should be working only on Evelyn's days off! Sounds like a freaking zoo there.

    ReplyDelete