Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bulletins as they happen...

Tammy, the Regional Manager, called yesterday, and I actually got to talk to her, briefly.  She let me know that she'd received Rita's messages.  (which I found out what one of them was a tad later) She also wanted to know how things were going, which I said "Fine...it's a little quiet right now, but it's good"  She also wanted to know if our direct deposit stuff had been dealt with, which it has not.  So, she wants us to get all of our stuff together.  I asked if she was coming down to take care of it, and she replied that we were pretty far away for her to just come here (she's up in Maine somewhere).  She also asked who was taking care of some of the manager stuff, such as ordering and schedules.  "I am", I replied.  She seemed slightly surprised and yet pleased by my answer.  At least, that's how I'm taking it!!

Shortly after I got off the phone with Tammy, Tina came in to work (scheduled) and promptly told me about the shenanigans that went on Sunday.  The Rita and Stella show was at it, again.  Stella needed her regrowth touched up.  She's a full head of color, due to her hair being WHITE.  So, she's had a level 5 all over with fairly heavy highlights through the top.  What she now has is a hot mess.  Rita had asked me what should she do about adding an extra color to Stella's mix...she saw some highs & lows in a book that had red involved.  Seriously, I don't even remember what I told her, however, Rita knew she didn't do whatever I'd said, which is why Stella's hair is a mess.

Stella currently has very HOT roots (because the formula didn't have any N in it to accommodate for the white), and the bleach that was used a) wasn't left on long enough, and b) didn't have a strong enough developer involved.  So, her highlighted areas are ORANGE.  And, I refused to step in to help her fix this mess.  Why??  Well, here's what happened Sunday.

Tina came in on time, for 9:45.  Rita was due in around the same time.  She was an hour late, with no phone call.  Stella came in when she was supposed to.  It was quiet for a bit, so Rita and Stella decided to do Stella's hair.  Problem number 1:  the rule book states you can't do each other's hair during busy times.  While it wasn't busy at this particular moment, Sunday is one of our busier days.  Problem number 2:  Stella stayed "on the clock" to get her hair done.  If she was getting a shampoo/blow dry, or maybe a wax, this wouldn't be such a big deal.  But, she wasn't.  Problem number 3:  This hair color project (because that's what it turned into) lasted ALL DAY because frick and frack do NOT know what they are doing.

Tina was smart enough to continually feed haircuts to Rita all day long, keeping the bigger processes to herself.  Stella wound up doing a whopping 4 clients to Rita's 8 and Tina's 6.  Tina was quite upset (angry, really) while telling me this story. So, I suggested she call Tammy and leave her a message about it.  At first, she didn't want to "tattle" on the girls.  Then, I pointed out how much was wrong with the whole thing.  That's when she called Tammy.  What Tammy will do about it, I'm not sure.  I'm hoping she calls back today, so we can get some stuff straightened out.

Sigh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment