Friday, June 3, 2011

What a fabulous red!!

Yesterday was an incredibly busy day for me!  Started out small, then built to the point I was busy all night!!  WOOT WOOT!!  What was funny was most of the time that I was hopping, others were, well, NOT.  If the rest of this week stays on trend, I could hit commission this week!!  (3rd time in 7 weeks!!)  Not only was I hopping, I had request clients...YAY me!!!

My last client of the night was a new client.  She's been coloring her hair red at home, and having irritating results because A) she's using permanent color every time, and B) Red fades.  Her color closest to the root was this great deep red copper....not a natural shade of red, mind you, but a fabulous shade, none the less.  When I brought out the swatches to get a match, she was mostly 6RC(red copper) on top, but, she was 8CG(copper gold) on the ends.  Normally, I stay away from the R's because they tend to look purpley.  This time, however, it's what the client wanted.  So, I used 6RC, 6CG, with a titch of 7R.  What a vibrant, vivid red!!

She came in just before 8pm.  I got to her just after 8pm.  After the consultation, (including price) I mixed color and started applying at 8:15pm.  While her hair wasn't terribly long, she has a LOT of hair (and. thankfully, medium texture, too), so it took me a good 20 minutes and one remix to get her hair covered.  Popped the cap on her head and let her process for 20 minutes.  Rinsed her, shampooed her, conditioned her...BEAUTIFUL color!!!  Got her back to my chair and gave her the cut she asked for...long layers, shagged out with the razor.  I over quoted her on the price, so I adjusted it accordingly, and got a big, fat tip for my efforts because she loved the whole thing!!  WOOT WOOT!!

I really do love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment