Saturday, March 20, 2010

Screwed up hair color, crappy tipper, creepy guy

So, about those purple stripes...She came in today to get those fixed. They weren't really bad, just "fake" looking...she likes a more natural, yet vibrant look. So, I did a test strand first, and it didn't look too bad. So, okay.....I give it a whirl. 6RC & 10 CG (red copper & copper gold)...aiming for a level 8 (6+10+16 divided by 2 =8) It came out unbelievably RED in tone...so not what she wanted. Unbelievably frustrating. Meanwhile, my client is Miss Ants-in-the-pants. She hates to sit still that long and is fidgety the entire time. Doesn't do much to keep me from freaking out, even if it's internal. Next, I apply lightener, 40 volume, & shampoo..used to call this a "soap cap"..let it process for 15 minutes. Didn't lift it enough. Sigh...Now I'm really frustrated and she's even more antsy. Making comments about our sucky lighting (she didn't use the word "sucky" but our lighting does suck) and the fact that she wanted this fix to be a quick one. In my world, especially when there's chemicals involved, there is no quick fix, really. So, I get Ginger & Evelyn involved. They both agree that I should just bleach it. So, that's what I do. Whip out the stronger lightener & developer, apply again, chuck her under the dryer on #3 (heats up to around 100 degrees...no, really, it does...), 15 minutes later...she's more blonde than she likes, and the "hot" spots are still "hot"...however, they're a copper shade now, not a red shade. She was not amused, trust me. Now, this didn't affect the rest of my day, other than my co-workers saw that I was tense. And, while wrapping my perm, later in the afternoon, I didn't talk...hardly at all. My "Chatty-Cathy" mode was waaay off. Consequently, I got a crappy tip. Sigh. The perm came out great, though... Then, my last two clients. Father & son. I like the dad well enough...however, he likes me a whole lot more. Hit on me the entire time. His son, who is 12, picked up on this, reminding him he has a girl friend (who has been a client of mine, as well). He found out I'm on Facebook...and wanted to talk to me online...wants to friend me. Kept pestering me until he got me to remind him what my name is. Luckily, A) I'm not the only one, B) I went in and blocked him, just in case, and C) (most important of all) my profile picture isn't me...it's a famous movie star from the 1940's... There are just certain relationships that need to stay on the professional level. However, why is it I always attract the creepy guys???

4 comments:

  1. Sorry this wasn't one of your better days, Sweetie...remember, you have have to kiss a lot of toads before your prince shows up...and it will happen when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous goal, my love! I'm totally in support (except for the hair, unless you can use it that short).

    ReplyDelete
  3. so is the father creepy just because he likes you? That's a bit unfair... Because you haven't go the courage to just say "I'm not interested" he is labelled a creep... What hope have the poor single males got in this world...

    I did however love your colour story... I found it quite amusing... It's a shame you got stressed out otherwise it could have been a very comedic day!

    hairdressers, haircuts, hair styles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon: It's not creepy that he likes me...what he was saying, how he was saying it and how insistant he was---that was creepy! And, he's not single...he has a very nice girlfriend...It won't stop me from cutting his hair...Most of the time, my days are quite amusing...when I mess up like that, it gets stressful...I'm in a better place today, though!

    MiMi: I know this, it's still hard to swallow, though!!

    Wayfarer: You don't have enough hair to give me...(at least 4 inches in length is what I'm looking for), but, as always, thanks for the support!! :)

    ReplyDelete