Thursday, December 17, 2009

Interesting observations & comments

Tuesday was a fun day...I had been approached over Facebook for an appointment for high & lowlights on a fading natural redhead. WOO HOO!!! A project, to boot!! I did a bunch of research and came up with the magic formula, which turned out to be a pretty good one!! Prior to my client coming in, I had gotten laundry going, since I was the available person to do it. Evelyn & Ginger were both busy at the time. No problem. My client came in, the party started. Once her foils were in, she had 30 minutes to process, so I went back to the laundry, which hadn't been touched since I had done it at 9:30 that morning (it's now noon time). I finished up with my client and had 15 minutes to spare before the next one, so I decided to stuff my face! Now, from 12:30 to 4:30, Evelyn did not have a client (this has been happening frequently). Do you think, in all that time, that she would do her fair share of the laundry?? Heck, no! Once I got done with my next client, I had about 20 minutes before it was time to leave, so.... got the laundry running again. The hampers were still full, too. I made a mental bet with myself that nothing would be done when I came back in the next day, including the confirmation list & the next day's slips. What a surprise, when I came in the next day, I was right! Now, Chrissy didn't come in Tuesday night...went to a wake for a friend...and that's the excuse Ginger used to place blame on the list & slips not being done, instead of placing blame where it belongs. However, because we have no policies in place, and even if we did, they certainly wouldn't apply to Evelyn, it doesn't really matter. While I was with my client on Tuesday, I answered the phone. It was a nice lady, who looks like Phyllis Diller after I do her blow dry and before I style her hair. So, "Phyllis" wanted a shampoo/blow dry with me at 11:30,which I couldn't do as I was still with my client. So, I had to give her to Evelyn. Phyllis told me that she didn't want to be with Evelyn, since Evie doesn't listen to what she wants done and she really likes how I do her hair. However, she did tell me she'd catch me next time. Too funny! And, it's not the first time I've heard that comment, nor will it be the last! Unfortunately, I didn't have any clients yesterday, but I did get a whole bunch of work done, including getting the laundry caught up from Tuesday! Today, while out searching for another gift for my Mom, a total stranger approached me about my hair color. During the course of the conversation, she asked what my color was, I told her it was a mixture of a bunch of colors. She asked if it was professional, of course, my answer was yes. She asked who did it...me, I'm a hairdresser! Then she asked where I worked, so I told her. The reply?? "That's too far away, I don't drive!" and she wanted me to tell her what to buy, which I won't do. She asked for my card, and my name. After introductions, she thanked me and told me she'd see me after the first of the year. How exciting!! I just hope she actually follows through!! All of this wonderfulness happened AFTER I gave my notice at my second job!! Coincidence?? I'm thinking so!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you work with a bunch of losers, Bethy! LOL....how many hours a day are you at that looney-bin?

    ReplyDelete