Wednesday, December 30, 2009

An interesting turn of events...

Well, we survived the holidays! I was treated very well by my clients and made sure to acknowledge them in return! Although I called one by the wrong name and didn't catch it until after I mailed his thank you card. Oops. Hopefully, he won't be insulted...What an idiot! Yesterday, I wasn't busy in the morning, so I got a bunch of other stuff done...laundry caught up, addressed Ginger's thank you cards & mailed them, stuff like that. Then, I got busy. Haircuts. Talked to one new client (who I think I hooked!!)about her color, quoted her prices, gave her my card with the prices listed on the back. This is a client I blatantly didn't book with Evelyn, even though we both had the same time available. Since there is no salon policy in place regarding who always gets the walk-ins, I figured, SCREW IT. Evelyn has a client base...if they're not coming in, she should be doing something about that! I think she was a tad miffed, but, oh well. I finally came up for air around 4pm. In all that time, Evelyn was messing around with the salon decorations...decorating for Valentines Day. Did she keep laundry caught up?? Did she pull the confirmation list and call clients for tomorrow (which is now today)?? Did she run slips, prepare them, & put them on every one's stations?? Nope. Negatory. To her credit, she did answer the phone and schedule appointments for today. I'm pretty well booked for the day. Had a couple of spots left as of 5pm yesterday. We'll see what happened when I get in there later this morning. My point in all of this?? Both Chrissy & I are filling in, quite nicely. Evelyn...not so much. I wonder if it will EVER occur to her why that is happening???

No comments:

Post a Comment