Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My second post of the day...

So, the ongoing saga of my salon. Evelyn managed to be out last week, as well, due to both the holiday and illness. It made for a nice week for the rest of us, even though, I'm sure, Ginger missed her. (she usually does) Evelyn was back yesterday. And decorating for Christmas. And making a huge mess in the waiting area, which, by the way, she didn't bother to sweep up before she took her next client. So, my client, who is using a walker, had to walk through that mess, and made sure to say something about it (as she usually does). Chrissy wound up sweeping up the mess because Evelyn was just too busy to do so. It's stuff like this that makes me want to strangle someone. It's amazing to me how someone can thing they are "worth" more than someone else, just because they have a client in their chair. Completely unbelievable. I'm going to try to do all I can to help Chrissy with her book (and help myself, too) so that we both don't get stuck doing all the "grunt" work any longer. It's frustrating, at best. On the up side, I'm finally starting to get busier. I'm getting exposed to more clients, and making an impression, which is a nice thing!! During my down time today, I'll be writing out my Christmas cards to my clients, thanking them for being a part of my first year as a hairdresser! I'll suggest this to Chrissy, too, so she can make an impression on her clients, as well...there's nothing like pushing yourself under someone's nose to make them respond!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment