Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Resolutions and the lack thereof...

I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I have a nasty habit of breaking them. I also try not to talk about any potential plans I'm making, because then I have to make them happen. And, frankly, I chicken out. Mostly because what I want is too much work to accomplish and I'm an instant gratification kind of girl. However, I do have some plans for the New Year. I want to start a separate facebook page, all about my professional self. I'm wanting to attract clients, and there's only so much you can get from walk-ins when the salon isn't advertised. Would you believe that salon has been in that building for 40+ years and there are still people who don't know it's there and they live in our town??? Crazy. I will only list things like Senior discount days, what I like to do, and the number to call for pricing. That way I'm not stepping on anybody's toes any more than I already do!! Of course, this also means I need to take pictures of my work and post it...something I hesitate to do for a variety of reasons. Mostly that I haven't done it yet. I know how. Really, I'm lazy and that has to change!! I also need to change ME. My weight has gotten waaay out of control, and that needs to be dealt with. I, much like a lot of overweight people, watched last season of "The Biggest Loser" and was inspired to do something with myself. Thankfully, I'm not as big as those people were, but I'm definitely headed in that direction. So, I need to deal with this, also. I was doing well towards the end of the summer, and even into fall. Once the cold set in, that took care of that. And since my metabolism was revved a bit, I didn't change my eating habits (big surprise), so, packed it right back on. It wasn't even that I lost a whole bunch of weight, it was that I lost a whole bunch of SIZE and my pants were loose. Not any more. Very frustrating, because I only have myself to thank. No one sat on me and shoveled those chips into my mouth. Sigh. So, there's what I'm wanting to work on for this year. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment