Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hmmmmmm....Not sure what to think.....

So, I talked to Tammy on Monday.  Got quite a few of my questions regarding the "PIP" answered, which made me feel somewhat better.  And she actually made the effort to get down to our store, by way of Leominster, MA.  (Which is where she was scheduled to be, and made an additional stop to our store)

When I got home from errands yesterday (my second day off), there was a message from Tammy on my machine.  She sounded drained and tired (part of that is she's fighting a cold, the rest is the drama that goes on), but let me know she did some changes to our schedules to get things properly covered (more on that in a bit), as well as scheduling a full staff meeting for next Wednesday, so she can tell everyone the same thing at the same time (which I much prefer, honestly, to telling individuals slightly different things), because there seems to be a lot of things we're not aware of.  I was not home when this call came, so I did not get a chance to talk to her.

I did, however, call Tina and give her the heads up about things.  Both she and I did the same thing...have a small panic, then go into question-asking mode.  So, I encouraged her to write down whatever questions she comes up with in the next few days so we can, hopefully, get them answered.

As far as Stephie & Rita go:  I can only imagine what those two said to Tammy.  I'm sure I've been right and properly bashed by the both of them, regarding hours, not telling them things, etc., etc., etc.  Does this bother me??  Somewhat.  Why??  Because I care about the salon doing well, as a whole, I care about people doing well individually, and I care about MY job and doing IT well.  While I'm not here to be every one's friend, everyone getting along would be a good thing.

Is there a definite line drawn between those who provide great service and those who don't??  Absolutely.  Have I been effective in helping those who are not??  No, not really.  Do I have a lot of things I could say to "defend" myself??  Sure, I do.  There's almost no point in saying them, though, because all it will sound like is a bunch of excuses.

So, I go into work today with a bit of trepidation...not knowing what Tammy did, nor what she said to the others, nor what was said by the others.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment