Monday, April 25, 2011

First paycheck

So, I got my first paycheck this past Friday.  It was on par with what I was making at my old salon, for 4 days worth of work.  What made the difference was the tips!!  I just about doubled what I made in tips in those 4 days.  Add my last paycheck to my new paycheck and it makes a very nice paycheck compared to what I usually did!!

Becky is back today after 4 days off....and boy, have I got questions for her!!!  For all of us, the way we charge people for their services wasn't really explained very well, so we're all a bit confused.  Also, handling the request clients was never really explained, either, so, clarification is needed.  I'm the only one with clients who may be looking for me from my old job, since Rita was a barber, hers is easier to accommodate.  However, I had color clients and perm clients, so I need to know how I'm supposed to accommodate them without pissing off the other clients that have been waiting for us to cut their hair!

We also need to ask if the tv monitor and dvd player can be moved into the dispensary so we can watch the required dvd's off the service floor...clients don't need to watch what we're watching.  And that way, when it's not busy, and there's two of us, we can get at least a couple of dvd's out of the way!!!

We were crazy busy on Saturday....last day of school vacation plus the day before Easter....But, from what a cashier friend of mine told me, Rita did a fair amount of wandering in the evening...I'll be interested if Amanda says anything about it to Becky....Look at me, taking control and acting all manager-ish...whoops...

No comments:

Post a Comment