Saturday, April 16, 2011

My new co-workers

I'm working on day 4 at Smart Styles.  Phew!!  Am I tired!!  And I've still got two more days after this until I'm off for two days!!  Katie is on vacation this week, so I won't have to get up early either of those days, nor on my 1-9 days...I'm going to get spoiled this summer...I can already see it..

So, here are the cast of characters at my new salon:  *most names have been changed to protect my sorry hide*  Becky is the Area Supervisor.  She floats from store to store, has 12 stores in her district, and 6 of them don't have salon managers.  She's particular about who she hires.  I'm starting to appreciate that about her!!

Rita:  she did primarily barbering at her old job...meaning strictly haircuts.  She went to the same school that I did, which means she got primary training, and that's it.  And, at her barbering job, she didn't get any kind of additional training by her boss.  So, her cutting skills are exactly the same as they were when she got out of school.  She asked me to step in last night and save her on a haircut (which I wound up getting credit for) because she had no clue.  She tried to pass it to me at first, but I said "Nope...time to learn!!"  then wound up doing it anyway....She's eager to learn, which is a good thing, and she's not afraid to ask for help.  The only thing she needs to work on is to not convey her fears in front of her client....last night her client expressed she felt afraid while Rita was cutting her hair....never a good sign.  She'll get there.

Lindsey:  She's young, tall, and cute.  She's got the whole hairdresser thing going on, and is taking her state boards on Monday!!  She's a hard worker and will do well.  Great personality, too!

Tina:  She and I went  to cosmetology school together, although I was ahead of her.  She's fearless, which works....unfortunately, she's a tiny little thing, so she looks about 12 years old.  Eventually, she'll learn to drop the cutesy way she's talking so she'll be taken seriously.

Over all, we have a good crew.  No divas, no attitudes.  We all get along really well, and we're all genuinely happy to be there.

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment