Monday, July 25, 2011

The grass is always greener.....

Stephie has been complaining, a LOT lately, about the schedule.  Unbeknownst to me, (until she friended me on FB and I read one of her posts) she's also wanting to transfer to the store where Lindsay went to.  She's got a raging case of  "the grass is always greener on the other side" (of the septic tank...).

We had our first salon meeting yesterday, which I think went pretty well.  It didn't turn into a bitch session, which was nice.  I briefly went over all the stuff we needed to go over...the new program coming out in August, for which we will have another salon meeting about, and some of the stuff Tammy went over when she was here last week.  It all went over just fine, until I mentioned all the stuff with the scheduling.  At each remark, I made a point of making eye contact with Stephie, and she couldn't maintain eye contact with me.

All I did say was this : The complaining about the schedule needs to stop.  When you need specific time off, get it to me, in writing, so I don't forget it.  The sooner you find out about things, the better.  I can only schedule what the system gives me, so please stop thinking I'm genuinely creating these crappy schedules.

When Rita was complaining about the schedules, she came to me and asked me questions, to which I showed her, on the computer, what was available and how I scheduled it.  Once I did that, her griping stopped.  So, I will be doing the same with Stephie.  If that doesn't shut her up, then I will speak to her, directly, and privately asking her to please stop.  And to please stop posting things on FB without talking to me first when it's in reference to her job.  Can you see me rolling my eyes??

No comments:

Post a Comment