Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Some things that happened yesterday

I had a mother bring her two boys in yesterday, one of which was hiding behind her (he was between 6-8 years old), requesting that I find a picture in one of the books and convince her son that he would look good in the haircut that I chose.  She was a bit miffed when I refused.  Why did I refuse?? 

A) The child was hiding behind his mother.  Clearly AFRAID to get his hair cut (which was just sitting on his shoulders)

B)  If  chose a haircut, manage to convince him to cut his hair, and he doesn't like it, it's instantly MY fault.

C)  Please stop foisting your parental responsibilities off onto total strangers.

I, initially, spoke to a lady about tea tree shampoo (fabulous stuff, by the way), then spoke to her about getting her hair cut, then potentially some color done...all in the space of less than 5 minutes.  Not only did she come back about 20 minutes later for the haircut, she liked the fact that I was friendly, helpful, and HONEST with her.  She's coming back in September, right before a family wedding, to get another haircut and color.  Yay me!!

My last client of the day turned out to be someone who worked for me, years ago, in the Shoe Department.  She was a very sweet girl, and I always liked her.  Not only did I cut her hair the way she wanted it,  I also taught her how to make frosting roses...how funny was that?!?!

How do I know how to make frosting roses??  My mother made cakes, for YEARS, as an extra income.  Most of the time, we were banned from the kitchen, as it was tiny and my mom's fuse was pretty short.  However, I used to love to watch her decorate the cakes and make roses from nothing...well, actually, starting with a mini marshmallow cut in half, stabbed onto a round, pointy tooth pick, then building your rose from there.  She was so excited to try it!!

And how was your Monday??

No comments:

Post a Comment