Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thank God, I'm nosy....

So, my on-going self-training continues.  We receive a book (an entire package, really) every two months (ish) with everything in it that we're supposed to cover (topics), what is the featured service this month, what's marked down, etc.  I did not know what was in this book until I started actually going through the whole thing.  So, now we have sale merchandise.  It's very exciting. 

I've also discovered paperwork that's supposed (I presume, anyway) to be filled out each day, week, month, including losses or gains.  Again, thank GOD I worked for that other box retailer where I had to log all that stuff, all the time.  It's enough to cross your eyes....

Rita came in yesterday with blue eye shadow all over her face.  Apparently, the small lesson that Tina gave her A) didn't sink in, or B) she wants someone to feel sorry for her and take the initiative to help her out without having to ask.  Sigh.....

After this week, we'll be back down to 4 stylists.  It should be interesting how that goes down until we get another stylist.  On the up side, we'll all be busier than we've been because there just won't be enough people to spread the clients around with.  However, we also don't have enough clients to keep 5 stylists busy, so this should be good.  The only time we made commission was when there were 4 of us on the floor. 

Stella asked me to do her color before she leaves.  She wants the hot mess that Rita did to her hair fixed.  Should be interesting, to say the least.  I forgot, in choosing the colors yesterday, to create a permanent color to match the demi for her regrowth.  That's okay....I'll take care of that today and add that to her color card so I have it.  Hers will be a busy color.  The back is fairly simple:  take care of her regrowth, refresh the ends to make sure the color matches.  The top will be something else.  Essentially, it's a color correction, as Rita didn't listen to what Stella told her back when they did her hair the last time.  The picture Stella chose had some block style highlighting, which is what she liked.  What Rita honed in on was that she liked the picture.  Which had bleach highlights (what she wanted), brown lowlights (also what she wanted) and red-violet lowlights (which she didn't want, but it's what she got). 

So, I've started planning, in my head, how I'm going to go about highlighting and lowlighting the top of Stella's head.  Since I haven't really pawed through her hair, I don't have a good, working knowledge of what happened in her hair.  Luckily, she's got a good 1/2 inch of regrowth going on, so I've got room to work.  I also remember when this whole thing happened, and Rita talked to me about it, I had told her you'll probably have to foil the entire top of her head to get the mess straightened out.  I distinctly recall watching her eyes glaze over.

I wish there was a way to get her to understand that there's no quick and easy way to solve problems or to create what someone is looking for with one application of color.  Color interests her, but not enough to get her to explore that particular world.  And, I don't think I'll be able to get her there.  There's just too much in her background, as far as how she chooses to learn things, to overcome.  I haven't completely given up, but, it's getting close.

No comments:

Post a Comment