Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's my "weekend"

You can definitely tell it's my "weekend" off.  The moment I clock out at work, on my last day prior to two consecutive days off, my body starts to shut down.  I become quite exhausted and "cruise" on auto pilot until I managed to crawl in bed, quite some time after I get home from work.

I walked in the door, yesterday, to Katie and a barrage of "let's go do this" stuff...hadn't even put down my bag or kicked my shoes off.  I finally looked her in the eye and said "remember the conversation we had the other day about how I need a few minutes to adjust from all the noise??"  "Yeah??"  "I'd like those now, please."  and I walked into my bedroom to change my clothes.  

The quiet lasted approximately 10 minutes, at best.

I get she's bored & lonely hanging out all by herself at home.  Really.  I GET IT.  What she doesn't get is the fact that I spend my day talking, and that I have to be "on" for everyone.  By the time I'm done with the day, I want SILENCE.  Never happens though.  Sigh......

Katie starts her "job" today...she's a junior counselor at our day camp.  It's a volunteer job (READ: non-paying due to her age), but it will be good for her.  She'll be outside and active 6+ hours a day, 5 days a week, for the next 6 weeks.  WOO HOO!!!

And, now...work.

Rita took what I said to heart for approximately two days, maybe three.  And only on certain things.  Can you see me rolling my eyes??  I get she's ADHD...poster child, in fact.  So, I guess, she needs a note to remind her what she is to be working on.  Tina helped her with her makeup one day and she looked FABULOUS.  But, back to the crappy old way she was doing her makeup ever since.  She did really well with her clothing (at least her tops) for three days, then, she's wearing both top and pants that have bleach marks on them....her own doing, since she flings color everywhere. 

Then, there's the damn cell phone.  It was in her pocket, AGAIN, yesterday.  "Oops..I forgot to take it out".  Uh-huh...I've also discovered that she truly is ignorant.  She reads absolutely NOTHING, so her education is very limited, and not just her work related education.  There are words she does NOT know, has never heard of, because she doesn't read anything.  It's just like working with a kid.  Stella isn't much better.  Neither of them knew what the word "continuity" meant.  No lie.  Neither of them could picture the word in their heads to see the word "continue" within the word.  This is what I get for presuming that people are exposed to the same things that I am, or have been.

She also has taken my comments (directly from the policy manual) about conflict of interest LITERALLY.  Tina also has a part time job working at a beauty distributor that is open to the public, so she'll make comments once in a while about it.  Not a big deal, really, and clearly, Becky didn't think it was an issue, so I've let that one ride.  Not Rita.  With her, conflict is conflict.  For someone who operates within the perimeters of "grey areas", this is the one she chooses to be "black and white" about.

And how was your week??

No comments:

Post a Comment