Friday, February 5, 2010

Educating...ME!!

So, I did my taxes yesterday...big bucks coming back..woo hoo!!! So, I've been looking around at different professional websites, pricing out the education that I want. Looks like I'm (possibly) going to spend over $600 to get what I'm currently looking for, which is lots of color education. I have other things to do with the money, first, though. My poor car needs some pretty serious attention. I wish there was a way to just take the car in and tighten up everything that's loose..you know, like when you have to re glue the dining room chairs because they're squeaky?? That would be cool. Unfortunately, cars don't quite work that way. Sigh. So, some lucky local mechanic is going to get some serious business in a couple of weeks. Struts, oil change, something is up with the intake, new tires.... We also need eye exams. The child continues to grow, so now her glasses look almost too small for her face, and she's starting to squint. And now that I actually USE my eyes for something productive, they need to be checked. I got progressive lenses last year, and what a huge difference it made in my haircutting skills!! It's amazing what you can do when you can SEE!! I also need to have a complete physical...there's too much diabetes in my family, both immediate and extended, to ignore it any longer. Must get tested. Period. Back to the education: There is a fabulous hairdresser, well, colorist, really, that I have tremendous respect for. Her name is Beth Minardi. She has a column at Behind The Chair that I read faithfully and have copies of, just so I can refer back to them. She's got 28 years in the business, most of them in color, which is where I wish to specialize, so I trust what she says and does. David Velasco is another one. Both of them offer education packages (which, I believe, I can deduct from my taxes next year, too) that are phenomenal, so that's where the need to spend the large sum of money comes from. I came to the conclusion, quite some time ago, that Ginger really isn't going to spend the money to educate neither Chrissy nor I, so I need to get it done, all by myself. The "funniest" thing is that whenever I try out something new that I've learned, and Ginger doesn't know what I'm doing, she gets a tad "testy". Doesn't ask me where I learned this stuff, just gets "testy". And, being the brat that I am, I don't tell her where I learn these things from. Not the most professional behaviour, but there it is. Well, off to search for more education!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for having money to get better at something you love!

    ReplyDelete