Sunday, February 7, 2010

I actually got praise...

One of my regular clients, we'll call her "Louise" came in for her haircut. She is a client I inherited from the salon I used to work at (as a receptionist). Now, she has a head of beautiful white hair, a titch of her natural pigment still in the back, that's fine in texture, medium in density. She has always comment on how she's wanted "CFM" hair ("come f--k me"). It's been interesting to take her where she wants to go, because she's relatively unwilling to put the effort into styling her hair every day/time she needs to. So, we figure out a plan, and I start cutting. Louise is good for changing her haircut about every 3 times, so I'll be interested to see how long we keep this one!! I layer her all over the place, so she can flip up the ends of her hair, similar to how I style my hair. I get done, style her hair. She's also decided to have a light bang again...so she's now fussing with it a bit, trying to get used to it...She loves her haircut. ( Yay, me!!) Later that afternoon, Ginger and I are in the back room, doing stuff (she's mixing color, I'm getting ready to go home) when she actually PRAISES me for a great haircut on Louise. I'm a bit flabbergasted, not going to lie. However, I thank her for the praise. Her praise was actually GENUINE, which is rare. By Jove, I think I've got it!! Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. Good for Ginger...praise is always a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She actually praised me "publicly" a couple of times in the last few days...I'll take whatever I can get!! :)

    ReplyDelete