Sunday, February 7, 2010

An interesting incident...

Answered the phone at work, the other day, to a client requesting a haircut with Evelyn. She had already had her hair cut by her and wanted more taken off. Evelyn didn't have any openings until Saturday. Not acceptable to the client. Well...I offered her times with Chrissy and with myself...her reply was "I'll take you. Can you do 3 o'clock??" Why, yes, yes I can!!! So, three o'clock rolls around. The client comes in the door. I recognize her, acknowledge her. The first words out of her mouth were "I'm sorry I came across as such a bitch on the phone!" I replied with "Oh, no...you were fine" because, she was. She was just blunt and to the point about what she wanted. I don't have a problem with that. I direct her to my chair so we can sit and chat about what she wants. She's quick to point out that while the haircut she has is perfectly fine, it's not what she wanted. Backtrack: about a month ago, she came in with shoulder blade length. carrot-y red hair (my favorite hair color!!). What she wanted was a bob...the kind that is stacked up in the back and slightly longer in the front. What she got, because Evelyn went out of her way to try to convince her that short haircut isn't what she really wanted (it'll be a shock to see all that hair gone, blah blah blah), is a nice, long layered haircut. It looked great with her hair (medium in terms of coarse-ness, fairly thick in terms of density), however, it wasn't' what she asked for. Jump ahead to this past Wednesday: She's sitting in my chair, we're talking (Ginger is listening, I guarantee it). She pulls out a haircutting magazine and shows me exactly what she wants: "The Posh Bob", complete with a picture of "Posh" Spice a.k.a Victoria Beckham. (who is currently wearing her hair in another style, by the way). I explain how that haircut will fall, both in the front and in the back, just so we're clear on what's about to happen. She's all for it. Off we go!! Her hair turned out to be PERFECT for this haircut. I took my time, because it is a precise haircut. Small section by small section, I worked up the back of her hair, getting the angle just right so the hair falls just right. Then, I marry the back to the front, spending my time tweaking the cut so it's all falling correctly. Poof! Done. Stunning, stunning haircut on this woman...she's tiny with flaming red hair!! Not only did it look stunning, she was immensely happy with the haircut..a great choice! We go up to the desk to pay and reschedule. She asks if 6 weeks is okay to come in "Yes..Go ahead and book it that way. If you find you need to come in sooner, just call and we'll make it happen. Would you like to book that with Evelyn??" "No, it doesn't matter" I look at Chrissy, she looks at me, we make the mental decision to book it with me, and Poof! There she is, in my book!! I did some research afterward...she started out as a client of the stylist I replaced, then bounced from Ginger to Evelyn, apparently not getting what she wanted. We'll see how this one goes!! Yay, me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment