Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mostly unrelated to my job...

So, my daughter, KatieKatherine, has had the "stomach flu" for the past 2 1/2 weeks. It's been a bizarre ride. She'll be okay for a few days, then, whoops! it starts all over again. She's been at the doctor's office more in the last few weeks than she was when she was a preemie & I first brought her home!!! The end result?? She probably has an intestinal parasite. The only way to know for sure is to catch a stool sample. Did I neglect to mention she has diarrhea?? Poor baby. Where did she get it from?? Have no idea. My fine friends at www.about.com suggest all kinds of stuff. My bff, who had this same issue when she first moved here said you can get it from water...and the best thing to do is to ride it out. There are some natural remedies that may help (involving copious amounts of garlic...more on that in a minute), but, basically, the parasites will not last forever in a human intestinal tract, so...ride it out. Garlic: is probably the most offensive aroma to me. I will put up with nasty body odor before I will tolerate the smell of garlic. It's been known to give me wicked headaches, bordering on a migraine, because my system just doesn't tolerate the smell. And, everyone who knows me thinks I'm whacked for feeling that way. It's also tied to my ex-husband, who, if I'd let him, would've eaten garlic cloves WHOLE. ick. But, luckily, he's my EX-husband, so his dietary and hiegenic habits are no longer my concern!! But, anyway, that's why the aroma is so nasty to me. That being said, if that's what it takes to make her better, garlic, it is...luckily, it also comes in pill form...and apparently, the little buggers don't like what ever garlic contains. So, my mission today, and I have no choice but to accept it, is to get some more yogurt for her and garlic pills, use garlic powder in her food today, that fun stuff. Oh, boy! Is my house gonna STINK!!!

1 comment:

  1. Understanding (and appreciating) the origin of your sensitivity to garlic, you have my sympathies. I hope it does the job, and quickly!

    ReplyDelete